Your cart is currently empty!
Toseina 2 mg/ml ( Codeine Syrup)
Toseina 2 mg/ml ( Codeine Syrup)
Toseina 2 mg/ml is codeine syrup used to treat the symptoms of a dry cough in adults and adolescents older than 12 years old that is not accompanied by mucus.
What is toseina solucion oral?
Codeine phosphate, an opiate having analgesic, anti-diarrheal, and cough suppression properties, is present in toseina. A weak centrally acting analgesic is codeine. Despite having a modest affinity for opioid receptors, codeine acts via them to produce its desired effects.
When using an opioid analgesic is necessary to treat mild to moderately severe pain, toseina sulfate is the recommended opioid analgesic.
Composition per 5 ml:
Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate 10 mg
Excipients : Sodium benzoate (E-211); Sorbitol (E-420); Aspartame (E-951); Citric acid monohydrate; Hydroxyethylcellulose; Sodium sacharine; Offshore scent; Raspberry essence; Azorubine (E-122).
Package contents toseina
This medicine is a red solution that comes in 100 and 250 ml bottles accompanied by a measuring cup. It is feasible to suppress recurrent coughing bouts, which are typical of some respiratory disorders, with codeine since it is an efficient antitussive drug in both acute and chronic respiratory conditions.
It also has a little sedative and moderate analgesic effect at the antitussive dose.
How to keep Toseina 2 mg/ml safe
To protect against light, keep it in the original container. Keep children both out of the way and away from this medication. After the expiration date, which is listed on the carton after EXP, do not use this medication. The last day of the month specified is the expiration date.
The trash or the drain should not be used to dispose of medications. At the pharmacy’s SIGRE Point, dispose of any containers and unused drugs. If unsure, ask your pharmacist how to get rid of bottles and extra medications. You will contribute to environmental protection in this way.
Dosage Toseina 2 mg/ml
It is administered orally. The usual dose is:
- Adults: 10 to 20 mg of codeine (5 to 10 ml) at intervals of 4 to 6 hours, up to a maximum of 120 mg in 24 hours.
- From 6 to 12 years: from 5 to 10 mg (from 2.5 to 5 ml) at intervals of 4 to 6 hours, without exceeding 60 mg per day (30 ml).
- From 2 to 6 years: 1 mg per kg of body weight per day, divided into 4 equal doses.
- Children under 2 years of age: its administration is not recommended.
- Elderly . See section Warnings . The dosage will be established by the doctor.
Instructions for the correct administration of the preparation
To open the bottle, remove the dosing cup, press the cap downwards and turn in the direction indicated by the arrows, as indicated in the drawing that appears on the upper part of the cap. The bottle must be closed after each use.
How to take toseina solucion oral
Follow exactly the instructions for administration of this medicine indicated by your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist again.
Doses should be individualized for each patient. The lowest effective dose should be used to control symptoms. The dose may be divided into up to 4 daily doses administered at intervals of no less than 6 hours. The administration of the drug is subject to the appearance of symptoms, and the dosage can be reduced as the symptoms disappear.
The duration of treatment should be limited to 3 days.
Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age : 10 to 20 mg of codeine (5 to 10 ml) at intervals of at least 6 hours. Pediatric population: Tosein is contraindicated in children under 12 years of age.
Elderly population : The dosage will be established by the doctor, since lower doses or longer dosing intervals may be necessary. See Warnings and Precautions sections.
Method of administration
To open the bottle, remove the dosing cup, push the cap down and turn in the direction indicated by the arrows, as indicated in the drawing on the top of the cap. The bottle must be closed after each use.
Warnings and Cautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Toseina :
- If you have heart, lung, liver, gallbladder, or kidney problems, as well as in cases of prostate disorders (prostatic hypertrophy), narrowing of the urethra (urethral stricture), obstructive or inflammatory bowel disorders, chronic ulcerative colitis, acute pancreatitis, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis.
- The elderly or debilitated people are usually more sensitive to the effects and adverse reactions of this medicine, especially respiratory depression.
- In case of a strong blow to the head (cranial trauma) and high pressure inside the brain (intracranial), codeine can increase the pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid, which can increase the respiratory depressant effect (slow or insufficient breathing).
- Like other opioids, codeine can inhibit bowel movement, worsening constipation in patients with chronic constipation.
- Abuse and dependence: Prolonged and excessive administration of codeine can cause dependence and/or tolerance, especially in people with a tendency to abuse and addiction. After prolonged treatments, you should gradually discontinue the administration as directed by your doctor.
- This medicine should not be taken for more than three days. If after three days there is no relief from the cough, you should see your doctor
Possible side effects Toseina 2 mg/ml
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Be aware that many of the effects may be symptoms of your illness and will therefore improve when you start to feel better.
Although the frequency of side effects is not known, as it cannot be estimated from the available data, these are constipation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and somnolence.
Seizures, mental confusion, altered mood (happy or sad), and itching have also been reported. Skin rashes may appear in allergic patients.
At high doses and in the long term it can cause respiratory depression (slow or insufficiently forceful breathing).